Our club was established in 1980 as the Kiwanis Club of Montezuma – Rimrock. This area was known in the early days as Beaver Creek for the many beavers living along the riverbanks. Many trappers came to this area seeking to make a living from the furs of the beavers.
In October of 1999 the name was changed to Kiwanis Club of Beaver Creek restoring the history of our area and including other communities and development since 1980. The Kiwanis motto is “WE BUILD.”
Serving the Children of the World is our Priority one! Kiwanis International is in over 80 countries in the world. The group enjoys serving the community and invites you to join us. We cannot do it alone.
Service Projects We Support – In our community and around the world.
- Builders Club – Working and encouraging students grades 5-8 towards a better world
- Beaver Creek School Projects including Terrific Kids
- KKids – Local youth programs for K-5 graders
- Thanksgiving and Christmas food baskets to local families in need
- Chili and Pie Fundraiser – Spring Community Event at Fire Station
- Annual Fall Community Spaghetti Dinner
- July 4 Annual Pancake Breakfast, Community Parade, Duck Race and Annual Celebration
- Scholarship Fund of 3) $500 towards qualified seniors graduating in the Beaver Creek area
- Kiwanis International Foundation, monetary donation to serving children all around the world
- Kiwanis Clothes Closet, providing quality resale clothes at very reasonable prices
- Kiwanis Key Club for local high school students